Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Vegas heat

My daughter lives in Vegas. She called to tell me that her car thermometer said it was 121 and the car was parked in her garage. Too hot for me and I live in Texas.... yeah yeah, I know humidity, lol.



Vegas heat


121! yikes!



Vegas heat


They say it%26#39;s a ';dry heat.'; Well, so is my oven, and I bake cakes in it!





None-the-less, I%26#39;m heading to Las Vegas on August 11.




We were on Freemont Street on Saturday, it was like 8 blow-dryers blowing on you, just straight hot air.



My feet were frying from the reflection off the street. But, I will be back in 3 weeks!




hot is hot





I was there when it was 116, it felt like an oven




Well, if I could go back tomorrow I would no matter how hot. Wouldn%26#39;t be walking on the stip but I sure would be sitting in front of a slot machine somewhere!




The record is 117. Anyone who has been off strip and has left the car out in the sun really gets to know the meaning of ';hot'; when you get back into that car! I have been going to Vegas during the summer for about 16 years- for about 7 of them I was there the whole summer- and I still am surprised when I walk out of the airport and get hit in the face by that heat! However, if you know how to pace yourself and drink plenty of water you can walk the strip during the day and survive!




We all know it%26#39;s hot this time of year.



The recorded temp was not 121 - I%26#39;m sure in many garages it was.



It%26#39;s been 103 with 100% humidity where I am in the last few weeks - as it was in much of the eastern states.



It%26#39;s summer, it%26#39;s LV, it%26#39;s hot.




I almost always leave my sun roof open. that helps keep the car from turning into an oven. Of course, when rain is expected, well, better an oven than a hot tub!




I%26#39;m with jones711.

No comments:

Post a Comment