Friday, March 30, 2012

Maggianos....

I noticed it mentioned in another post and took a look at their website- I%26#39;ve hunted around a bit and can anyone tell me anything else about this place? Family Style Lunch prices? Is it right on the strip- or inside a mall? Something said a mall- but another said great view of strip??





Thanks!



Maggianos....


It is in the Fashion Mall but faces the strip with a glass wall for a great view. The food is good, huge portions , and good prices.



Maggianos....


I%26#39;ve been for both lunch and dinner. The view is facing towards Wynn area. I guess it%26#39;s a decent view but I truly never thought of going there for that reason. It is in the Fashion Show Mall. You can enter from the exterior of the restaurant or from inside the mall.





Dinner was a disappointment--veal was of poor quality,red sauce on meals was bland, and sloppy service. Lunch has been hit or miss. When I%26#39;m in town w/my daughter we always end up there because she likes it and it%26#39;s not so bad I have to refuse to enter. I%26#39;m just not that impressed. Meatball sandwich that was split with another person lacked taste, salads were good. Come to think of it, anything with the red sauce ends up tasting the same! I also don%26#39;t like that they can%26#39;t/won%26#39;t change an item from the menu. I%26#39;ve asked on 2 occasions about getting mushrooms or something similar taken off an item and was told it%26#39;s a set menu, no can do.





We did notice on our last trip a month ago that 2 separate parties were having issues and both got $taken off their meals. Not sure what was happening as we were close enough to see the end result but we must have gotten there after the actual problem occurred.




Maggianos is a chain restaurant... just so you know it%26#39;s not a unique Vegas experience. We have %26#39;em around here.




the prices range between $10-$20 a dish. i feel that lunch is a better value than dinner. food is solid, but nothing great. it is a chain, think a more upscale olive garden. the best thing is their stuffed mushrooms. sit outside if its not too hot, get a nice view of the wynn from the fashion show mall, which is right off the strip on the corner of spring mountain, across from treasure island %26amp; the wynn.




it in the mall on the strip across from Wynn



it%26#39;s fine, not great food, a chain that is just OK. I love italian food and much prefer a good old-fashioned mon %26amp; pop type with homemade food. For some reason people here rate this high - my only guess is they live someplace without good italian/they value quantity over quality. You%26#39;ll be OK, just not blown away.




Last September my wife ordered Lasagne, the waiter replied %26#39;I am sorry but we do not have Lasagne on the menu tonight%26#39; --------- What, no Lasagne in an Italian restaurant????


  • pout
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment