Thursday, April 26, 2012

Short trip report 7/20-7/24 Venetian

Here%26#39;s a short trip report on our second ever trip to LV. We decided to stay at the Venetian this time, last year we stayed at the Bellagio. We liked the Venetian better.





We arrived on a Sunday and the lines were huge. They sent us up to check in at the Venezia level since the line was so long. They offered us an upgrade to the concierge level of the Venezia for a price. I wasn%26#39;t going to do it but I could tell from the look on my wife%26#39;s face she wanted to so we did it. The concierge level includes continental breakfast, a drink hour, and snacks. It was nice and we took advantage of it. The room was great, no complaints.





We didn%26#39;t do much on this trip we met some family that was staying downtown and hung out alot. Some of the things we did this time that we didn%26#39;t do last time.





Wynn - $10 slot play. We both got cards and hit the slots for our free $10 play. I actually got a good Goldfish machine and won some money. Then I hit the 250 points and got to spin the wheel and got $15 in slot credit. Played Lobstermania and won $50!





Signed up for a Bill%26#39;s Gambling Hall card. They have a promotion twice a day where if you play the slots when they announce it everyone gets $10 in comps. We got our cards around 9:30 pm and they said they still had one announcement for that day. So we both got $10 in comps and used it for breakfast in their diner the next day. You also get a coupon for a $5 match in poker or 1 for 1 roullete play when you sign up for the card. Wife puts $5 on red and I put $5 on evens. She wins and immediately cashes out and is happy, as you can see we are not big gamblers.





We had a nice dinner at Pinot Brasserie in the Venetian. It was OK, kind of expensive for what we got. I would not recommend it and suggest somewhere else. It wasn%26#39;t bad, but for the money I think there is probably something better.





Checked out the Imperial Palace car display. I love looking at old cars and it was a great free time killer. We went up there with a two for one coupon but were told if we signed up for the players club downstairs we would both get free passes. So we head back down and sign up but don%26#39;t get passes. I ask and they give them to us, no problem.





When downtown I say a guy win $500 on the Wheel of Fortune $5 slot. He put in $10 won $20 then won a spin and $500. Lucky guy I was even thinking of trying it earlier but didn%26#39;t want to try the big spender $5 slot! Also saw a guy try to steal an old lady%26#39;s purse. He ran right past me and a few seconds later the lady came out of the bathroom yelling. If she was a little quicker I would have realized what happened and could have tried to check the guy and lay him out!





It was a fun trip and kind of relaxing because we had no schedule and just went with the flow. We did have Wayne Brady tickets but it was canceled because he was sick. We didn%26#39;t see any other shows in it%26#39;s place.





I like the Venetian and would recommend it. The staff was always helpful and nice and we had no problems with our room.



Short trip report 7/20-7/24 Venetian


We also stayed at Bellagio and Venetian the past 2 times we were there, my wife and I preferred the Bellagio but both were great.





How were the crowds during your stay?



Short trip report 7/20-7/24 Venetian


I stayed at the Venezia and the concierge was awesome!! I have to say that was some of the best service I had ever had in Las Vegas. Thanks for sharing.




We loved the concierge level and the service was outstanding. Sunday and Monday seemed really crowded around Vegas. We didn%26#39;t notice a drop in people from last year. Later in the week it was a little less crowded.





The Venetian had two big conferences going on Subway and Polaris dealers. We did see the Subway guy Jared walking around. The one place where we noticed it was slower was Pinot Brasserie the place was really empty. I think some of the expensive restaurants are probably feeling the pinch.

No comments:

Post a Comment