Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Helpful Buffet Tip From a Las Vegas Local



Hi everyone -





I just wanted to pass along a piece of information that might come in handy for those of you who visit our fine city and go to a buffet or two while you are here. Pretty much every buffet has the ';regular'; line and then there is the ';VIP / Platinum / etc. '; line .... Well, the VIP line also doubles as the line for guests who have disabilities, even if there is not a sign saying so. Example -- My father and I are both diabetic, and when we go to the buffet, rather than wait in the long regular line (which can be a problem when we have already taken our insulin and need to eat within a certain time frame) we walk up to this line and are seated within 5 minutes. By law, they can%26#39;t question you or ask what your disability is if they can%26#39;t figure it out by looking at you. Now, I%26#39;m not suggesting anyone make up an ailment just so they don%26#39;t have to wait in line for an hour, but if you have a legitimate reason, it%26#39;s a time-saver. I wear a medical ID bracelet but even if I didn%26#39;t, they have never questioned me or asked to see proof. Just a helpful hint for my fellow diabetic travelers .... hope it helps and enjoy your time in Las Vegas.



Helpful Buffet Tip From a Las Vegas Local


So your saying to get a medical ID bracelet to not wait in line? I think this knowledge could easily be abused, my bff%26#39;s family is also diabetic and have never used their disability to get in the shorter line... they are local as well.



Helpful Buffet Tip From a Las Vegas Local


almost all with a true disability know the ADA guidelines.




No, I%26#39;m not saying to get a bracelet so you don%26#39;t have to wait in line. I saw a man pass out one time in a very long line at a buffet and when he came to, he told the employees who came to help him that he was diabetic and had been in line for over an hour and they took him right into the buffet. People who are shady will be shady and abuse this, whether or not I post about it. This is merely to help those who may not know they don%26#39;t have to wait in line forever ... I didn%26#39;t mean to offend anyone.




Dangit - I thought this was going to actually be something useful ... like how to smuggle leftovers and multiple desserts out in my purse.




Thank you very much for this great tip. My Hubby is diabetic too, controlled with pills, and usually he takes his pills with him to a restaurant, but the odd time he does have them before we leave the hotel room. So thanks for the heads-up, we really do appreciate this. I didn%26#39;t know that the buffet lines could be so long.




Sorry, being diabetic is *not* a disability. A large minority of Americans are diabetic and for most it%26#39;s easily controlled.





There are 50 million places to eat in Las Vegas. If you approach the buffet and the line is long, go to the hotel next door and you%26#39;ll probably find a shorter line. I have yet to wait in line for a buffet for more than 10 minutes and I can%26#39;t imagine why anyone would, especially if you are diabetic.




Boy oh boy, people. Lighten up! Take the info in the spirit it was intended. It sure seems that ManUtdGirl702 only wanted to be helpful. Being snippy about whether or not a person has a ';valid'; disability doesn%26#39;t help anyone.




';Snippy';? I guess standing up for honesty and not faking a disability in order to take advantage of the few accommodations disabled people have is now considered snippy. Maybe you%26#39;d prefer it if I chimed in with some advice on how to sneak into pools at other hotels.




STratton- in all fairness it seems she was just letting us know that if you ARE disabled, you can also use the shorter VIP line.





I dont think she meant for all of us to be dishonest just so we could jump ahead in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment