Thursday, April 26, 2012

Phantom Las Vegas: VIP Experience

Has anyone done this? How does it work?

The reason I ask is that I bought tickets for this when I go on my honeymoon and I want it to be a surprise for my (future) wife - she%26#39;s a huge fan!

Does anything happen before the show to give it away that we are doing the VIP experience and how do you get backstage at the end etc?

A full breakdown of how the whole thing works would be appreciated!

Phantom Las Vegas: VIP Experience

I don%26#39;t know if this will help but I found the website last night and was looking up the show online.

http://www.phantomlasvegas.com/

Phantom Las Vegas: VIP Experience

Firstly, congrats on the upcoming wedding!

Secondly, I can help with the VIP Experience as I%26#39;ve done it twice.

The ushers will take your ticket and if they notice it says VIP, they may say something. Usually not though.

However, you will later be greeted at your seat before the show by one of the Phantom company managers or whomever else will be your guide. They will greet you by name and welcome you and inform you where you are to meet them after the show. You will also be given a souvenir program for each person in your party.

After the show you will meet and the right hand side of the theatre. Then your tour will start. How the tour goes depends a bit on whom is your guide. If it%26#39;s Mark, one of the company managers(he also worked on the Broadway version for around a decade), your group will head onstage ahead of the others (there were lots of people doing the VIP last time I was there. They keep people divided into groups of two of three though to keep it personal. I think if you call the Venetian Conciere to explain it%26#39;s your honeymoon they would arrange to have you paired alone.)

If you%26#39;re in Mark%26#39;s group you will be onstage to see some of the charges set for the next show (it%26#39;s safe. Don%26#39;t worry). He%26#39;ll also have you stand centre stage as the curtain goes up so you can have the perspective of the performers. You%26#39;ll also get to have a close up view as the largest set-piece is readied for the next show.

Then he%26#39;ll rush you downstairs to meet Tony while he%26#39;s still in make-up as the Phantom. It%26#39;s a real treat if you%26#39;re a fan/phan of the show. He%26#39;s a great Phantom (best I%26#39;ve seen out of London, Toronto and NY) and is very nice to talk with. Get him talking about the character and you%26#39;ll learn a great depth about his portrayal. He%26#39;ll autograph your program and after the makeup is off, you can have pictures with him. They seem to be guarded about photos while he%26#39;s still in make-up. It%26#39;s a bit different looking than in other productions.

Mark%26#39;s group also gets to head down to the wardrobe room. There are over a million dollars of costumes in there along with original costume sketches so he%26#39;s the only guide with the key.

Regardless of who is your guide...You will have a complete tour of the stage. It%26#39;s amazing all the technical aspects. Some of the work I do is for a theatre and I%26#39;m amazed at the Phantom theatre.

You will tour the Wig Room and learn about the goings on there. You%26#39;ll also tour below the stage to see the mechanical aspects of the tour.

You are also likely to run into different cast members in the hallways. Say hello and don%26#39;t be shy. They are a very gracious cast.

I don%26#39;t know how familiar you are with the show but you will get to check out the Masquerade Staircase and stand on it if you want.

All the guides are VERY knowledgeable and will take the time to answer all your questions. If your guides are ushers, you also get the bonus of hearing all sorts of antidotes of things that go on during the show. Lots of fun.

If you%26#39;re in a group with someone else as a guide, it%26#39;s still a great time. I think I actually had more fun with them and the tour was well over an hour with the two ushers I had as a guide on my second time on tour. The only differene is you probably will only see Tony once his makeup is off and not seeing the Wardrobe room(unless you%26#39;re lucky and someone%26#39;s still working in there while you go by the door).

If you have any more questions, go ahead and ask.


Wow! I%26#39;ve seen it 3 times in Las Vegas and never realized this VIP thing was available. I%26#39;ll have to see it again as a VIP. I love both Phantoms.


Thanks for the details fiddler! I am planning to bring my daughter to Vegas and Phantom for her 21st birthday and wondered about the VIP Experience.


Thanks Fiddler, that was exactly what I was after. A very informative post - I%26#39;m really looking forward to it now. Thanks again!!

  • service pin for my computer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment