Friday, March 30, 2012

Possible stupid question about time zones!

I can%26#39;t seem to find this exact info anywhere;





Are LA, Grand Canyon, Vegas, Yosemite and San Fran all in the same time zone?





TIA!



Possible stupid question about time zones!


Hi





Yes all but I think Grand Canyon. I think it is on mountain time, so it would be 1 hour ahead. Someone will confirm or tell you better I am sure.







Clive



Possible stupid question about time zones!


The Grand Canyon is in Arizona which is under the mountain standard time zone. The others are in the pacific daylight time zone. However, Arizona does not use daylight savings time, so, during the period of daylight savings time the Grand Canyon would effectively have the same time as the pacific daylight time zone. When daylight savings time is not in effect the grand canyon would be 1 hour ahead of the pacific daylight time zone.




Arizona is a little strange (no offense) as they%26#39;re on standard time all year round (other than certain areas under native American jurisdiction - it gets a little complicated!)





Basically Grand Canyon is the same time as Vegas in the summer but is one hour ahead of LV in the winter.




I keep myself updated with both the time and weather in vegas using this web-link





www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html…





hope that helps out a bit




www.timetemperature.com/tzus/time_zone.shtml





Check this site out for questions about time zones.




Aha! Not as stupid a question as I thought then!





I will be there in August, so all of the places I mentioned will be in the same time zone, Correct?




';I will be there in August, so all of the places I mentioned will be in the same time zone, Correct?';





Yes and no! Grand Canyon is in a different time zone but as it%26#39;s not on Daylight Saving Time you won%26#39;t have to change your clocks and watches when traveling to and from there from Vegas or California in August..... :-)




The first time I visited Hoover Dam, I noticed that there is a clock on each of the two intake towers in the lake. One is in NV and one in AZ. When I was there, they both read the same which I thought was odd. I mean, why have two clocks if they are the same, right? I later learned about AZ not using Daylight Saving Time. If you visit during Winter, you can bounce back and forth alternately aging by and then becoming youthful by an hour!





Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment