Friday, March 30, 2012

I hate expedia!! & AA!



Lol, just got an email saying American Airlines now charge for suitcases on internal flights. $25 for the 2nd bag and $15 for the first, per person, each way. Thats gonna add up to $160 for us now, which was more than the original cost of the flight! (which we booked in december.. so really they should just let us off!)





And being the fool i am i booked through expedia so now they will most likely take a hefty fee when we cancel, if we can even cancel!





Agh!! Time to do a search for driving from LA to Vegas methinks!!





Sorry to moan but i had to vent somewhere :P



Maybe someone else is getting an internal flight with AA and will find my moaning useful...!





:[



I hate expedia!! %26amp; AA!


I understand your frustration w/ AA...but that is the deal w/ pretty much all airlines now...



But u knew expedias cancellation rates; you cannot blame them when you agreed to it when you booked.



We booked Midwest Express thru expedia %26amp; the flights were cancelled. I paid not expedia fees.



A couple of years ago I booked a flight thru expedia, pulled out my planner and realized I had booked a week too soon. I called expedia immediately and they changed it w/o a fee.



I have also booked a cruise thru them (best rate I found on the web), and they sent a free bottle of wine and a free pic, that was not included in our booking.



Frankly, expedia has done us well!



I hate expedia!! %26amp; AA!


We booked through Expedia as well prior to the baggage fees. Because we did so, we do not have to pay extra for the fees. I believe it is only on packages and flights booked after this went into effect.




Unfortunately thats flying today take a carry on what you need all those clothes for,dont let $160 dollars ruin a good time




Expedia fees are not high.



But airline tickets are rarely refundable, and high fees from the airline for a change are common.




Airlines are not making money, most are losing a fortune, so zipping you with fees to try to survive is not egregious.




I never used Expedia so I can%26#39;t comment on it.



I am afraid the added on fees are going to be something we all are going to have to live with in the future. More and more airlines are charging for checked luggage, they are becoming more strict with overweight luggage, some are charging for seats with more leg room(Jet Blue) others are charging( I forgot which airlines) for certain ';better'; seats in coach, most have eliminated or cut down on food service and I have just read where USAirways is going to eliminate all entertainment on their flights- no more movies or music. Some of the airport lounges are also closing. This is in addition to routes being cancelled and less efficient planes being taken out of service. Flying sure isn%26#39;t what it used to be but it still beats walking to your vacation spot!




Double check with your airline to see if you haven%26#39;t already been grandfathered in since you booked in Dec.





It did with mine in a similar case, and the new luggage charge happened after we booked in Dec. so they didn%26#39;t charge us extra (actually it%26#39;s GF extra).




i wouldnt mind if they had told us there would be fees in the first place. i just find it unfair that 7/8 months after we%26#39;ve booked they decide we have to pay all these fees. They should just let us off but it doesnt seem they are gonna do that.





I suppose its not expedia%26#39;s fault... just moaning at them aswell made me feel better lol




US Airways is eliminating the entertainment on flights because the weight reduction of by no longer having equipment to play movies/music saves jet fuel. Pretty amazing, but makes sense. Same reason that American does not paint their planes top to bottom.





My problem with charging for checked luggage is that I think they have it backwards. They should charge you for carry-ons. Reducing carry-on luggage would get people on and off their planes much faster perhaps leading to more effecient use of their fleet.




I agree with IV - I think you might be grandfathered in. It should say this on the company website under luggage (the fact that you got an e-mail just means they sent that e-mail to everyone in their system).





We%26#39;re grandfathered in on upcoming flights on Alaska and United, so don%26#39;t see why AA would be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment