Monday, March 26, 2012

has anybody taken a wedding dress on delta airlines before?

has anybody taken a wedding dress on delta airlines before ?





had any problems?





do the air hostess hang it up for you?



has anybody taken a wedding dress on delta airlines before?


Airlines constantly change and amend their guidelines on both checked and carry-on luggage.





For something as important as this you should contact Delta for clarification rather than relying on the experiences of others that may not be currently accurate.



has anybody taken a wedding dress on delta airlines before?


Don%26#39;t check it they will hang it up for you. If it makes you feel better, do as Blagger says and call to verify. I took mine on a different airline (not Delta can%26#39;t remember which) from the UK and back on yet another airline and both times they hung it up for me where the keep the First Class passengers suits etc (we flew coach). Thinking back, we didn%26#39;t fly direct and had an internal to LA where we stayed for a few days and again they were happy to hang it up for me.




Delta will hang your dress for you.




Carry your dress on. They will hang it and take good care of it. I did this and had no issues.




sorry, have to disagree. I had to squeeze my wedding dress into the overhead compartment. The flight attendents did ';assign'; me a full compartment for just my dress, but it still had to be folded.



Don%26#39;t worry about it - either way, you can have it pressed at the hotel for a small fee. I think it was $25 and back in 24 hours. Even if they hang the dress it might get wrinkled so I would check into the hotels dry cleaning/pressing availability.




what someone%26#39;s past experience with this does not mean it will be yours.



You have NO guarantee you can hang your dress - depending on the equipment configuration there may not be a hanging closet - and if there is one it may not be available.




I manage a bridal shop. Take your gown with you.





If there is no room in the crew closet (they are usually nice enough to hang it for you if there is room) then put it in the overhead even if you have to fold it in thirds. You can always have it pressed when you arrive. Another thing you may want to do is turn it inside out. This is a pain if you%26#39;re packing a ballgown, but it%26#39;s worth it. If security opens your garment bag at least their grubby paw prints won%26#39;t get on the outside of the dress. Congrats on your wedding!




I think it depends on the flight crew, how full the flight is, how friendly you are, and if the flight attendants are in a good mood. I didn%26#39;t even ask to have mine hung on USAir. I asked the gate agent if I could board early to get an overhead with enough space for my gown. I had it steamed when I got to Vegas. Less stress if you just plan in advance that it won%26#39;t be hung up. Besides...who knows where they are hanging it. I%26#39;d rather it get wrinkled and be one foot above me at all times. Wrinkles will come right out.

No comments:

Post a Comment