Friday, March 30, 2012

Cheesecake factory or Grand lux cafe?

Which is the favourite?



Cheesecake factory or Grand lux cafe?


As they%26#39;re under the same ownership there%26#39;s a lot of similarities between the two and some of the time they seem to blur into one! I%26#39;m not a huge fan of either but I%26#39;d personally lean towards Grand Lux.





If you have a car then the Cheesecake Factory by Green Valley Ranch is way nicer than the Forum Shops location.



Cheesecake factory or Grand lux cafe?


What%26#39;s so great/different about the one at GVR that would be worth the trek? I%26#39;ve been to CF%26#39;s in many places and the one in Caesars is the same food, maybe a bit more hectic and noisy, but certainly typical and not inferior in any way.




Warm, I guess it%26#39;s not really worth trekking out there just to eat but if you have a car and are in the neighborhood anyway (it%26#39;s by The District mall which some folks might want to check out) needing a CF fix, then it%26#39;s a less cramped and much brighter and more relaxed place than the restaurant at Caesars.





Perhaps it%26#39;s just an extension of the different vibes you get off-Strip compared to how it is at the heart of the craziness...... :-)




I prefer the Grand Lux at the Palazzo Hotel.




I wouldn%26#39;t go out of my way for either one but if you had to choose one then the GL would be my choice.





CF at Forum is a better people watching place.




Well, I have only eaten brunch at GL...it was good. What I found interesting was the menu was very basic...almost like ';home cooking.'; Not many things jumped out at me.



CF has a lot of interesting menu choices, a bit more imaginative, IMO. I have always been happy with my meal. I am a big fan of their salads.



That being said, Dad %26amp; DH have not tried GL, and I%26#39;m guessing the menu will appeal to them. We will hit it this trip.




We always go to the Cheesecake Factory but for a change in a few weeks time we will be heading to the Grand Lux after seeing Mystere.





The Cheesecake Factory has a bit of a cult following in the UK, but in conversations and from reading other forums on TA, our friends across the pond don%26#39;t quite know why we make such a fuss over it.





My answer to that, come to England pay our prices and eat our tiny portions, then you will see why we rate the CF!!!! :)




I have this same decision in few weeks!



Would anyone know if a Cheesecake Gift card will be honored at the Grand Lux (being sister properties and all)?



Regards,



joncor




I asked the same question a year ago and was told NO, it cannot be used at either/or. However, I was told that I could exchange my card in and have that amount credited toward the other.




I have never been to the one in Vegas, but there is a mall here that has both... I prefer the Grand Lux, both the service, decor and the food were better.... although the cheesecake is outstanding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment